Permanent Magnet Motors
PM motors utilize all types of permanent magnets, and Bunting offers an extensive supply chain of all magnetic materials
Harness the Power of PM Motors – a Custom Magnet Application by Bunting.
Custom Magnets and Magnet Applications for Permanent Magnet Motors
Bunting provides customers with a diverse range of custom magnets for permanent magnet motors (PM motors) to drive a variety of applications. So many of the things essential in our lives—our cars, our home appliances, and the industrial equipment we rely on to live a modern lifestyle—depend on motors as their key components. Bunting helps our customers to build the best motors for their applications. Our team of expert engineers works with clients from project inception all the way to completion.
The most common type of PM motors is brushless DC electric motors (BLDC) that utilize permanent magnets as opposed to a winding, which requires an electric current to generate the field. Since no electrical current is required for the rotor field, the results are major energy savings and efficiency improvement compared to induction-type motors. Permanent magnet motors have many overall benefits, including:
- Steady Magnetic Field: Permanent magnet motors generate a consistent, steady magnetic field in comparison to standard synchronous motors.
- Environmentally Friendly: PM motors allow for high efficiency, oil-free operation free of emissions. They allow less environmentally friendly equipment, such as fossil generators, to be avoided. The amount of energy required to create these motors is insignificant compared to how much electromagnetic energy they are able to ultimately produce. Permanent magnet motors are on the frontline of the ongoing development of green energy applications.
- Size: Permanent magnets are lightweight and compact, meaning they require decreased installation space while maintaining high power.
- Torque: Compared to standard synchronous motors, PM motors display a significant improvement in torque.
- Temperature: PM motors generally operate at lower temperatures compared to other motors, yet deliver improved drive and performance.
- Investment: PM motors are dependable, durable, and affordable.
- Applications: Automobile accessory motors, robotics, factory automation, air conditioners, computer disc drives, hot blowers, appliances, etc.
Bunting: The Best Magnet Manufacturer for Permanent Magnet Motors
PM motors utilize all types of permanent magnets, and Bunting offers an extensive supply chain of all magnetic materials. We will work to determine which material is best for your application, and our array of available materials includes Alnico, ferrite, samarium cobalt, and of course, neodymium. Our engineering team will design and manufacture custom magnets out of the material that is best for YOUR unique application.
Custom Magnetic Products
Bunting-DuBois is your total magnet solution provider. We can supply any magnet material or magnetic assembly for your project. If it requires a permanent magnet, then we can do it!
Expertise at Every Step of the Process
At Bunting, we engineer a custom magnet to fit your specific needs. We combine ingenuity, our deep expertise and our dedicated range of equipment in order to deliver you the exact product you need with no sacrifice to quality design and engineering.
What You Can Expect From Bunting
- 2D and 3D magnetic modeling of your design
- Rapid prototyping of designs
- Capacity to manufacture magnets + magnetic assemblies in any quantity
- Extensive quality checks of product
- On-time delivery
Other Industries and Markets
Let’s work together to scale your manufacturing.
We provide expert calculations to help with your design path. Determine holding force, field strength, and more with our free magnetic calculators.
Learn the language of magnets. See a definition for many technical and scientific terms describing the nature of magnets.
Get the latest information on the permanent magnet industry and news about Bunting-DuBois.
Learn more about our magnetic products and capabilities by reading and downloading our Catalogs.
Read about some of the real-world applications where our custom magnets and magnetic assemblies help our customers achieve success.